Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Tomboy Chic






oxford (Gap Men's), shorts (J.Crew shocking pink), belt (J.Crew), hat (HM, just bought THIS in Natural and L O V E ), chucks (Converse with a side of my daughter's beads), watch (Tag Heuer), bracelets (Jennifer Zeuner, Crewcuts how cute is THISStella & Dot), shades (Ray Ban), ring (Anna Beck)
Sorry I'm a little late to the party today gang; however, last night was spent with NKOTB, Boyz to Men, and 98 Degrees...having distinct memories of leaning against the Murray Middle School gym wall with Brooke and Tiff hoping to get asked to dance to, "The End of the Road."  Alas, it ultimately ended up in a trip to the concession stand for hot dogs while the more advanced gals made out on the dance floor!  Needless to say, my girlfriends and I had an absolute blast last night and it's amazing how those lyrics are like riding a bike--come back to you even when you haven't sang to them in ages--as did the dance moves! 
Now onto the rig.  I posted this one while in the dressing room at Gap on Instagram and I gotta say, since swiping this men's Oxford from Gap, I have been more inclined to shop the men's sections lately (if you remember, I already make it a habit to tackle the Kid's Section, too).   Just a little reminder to broaden your horizons a little while shopping and maybe break out of your normal routine--you never know what gems you may find (and more often than not, mens/boys are less expensive)!  Alright gang, make it a good one!

photos courtesy of Kristin Tatem 



 photo SSsignature_zps8d928500.png

13 comments:

  1. You know, I saw a men's button up shirt as I was walking by The Gap that I liked, but didn't have time to stop in. Imma going to have to do so now, because that shirt is dang cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super jealous of your concert, that sounds so fun!! Loving your pink shirts.

    Kristina does the Internets

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love this from head to toe - perfectly casual but oh so chic...and your pictures never disappoint!! :)

    www.pennypincherfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this look and holy smokes am I jealous of you! NKOTB! 98 Degrees! I'm glad you had so much fun!!

    Classy Chic & Chardonnay
    http://ceislin.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can relate to this outfit so much! Love it..
    risingcolors.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like we had exactly the same experience at middle school dances-haha! I love this look...and now I need to track down your hat and ring :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVING how preppy this is! I've been so impressed and surprised by how trendy and absolutely AMAZING white converse look in so many outfits - you really pulled it off here. Who would have known Converse would come back? And they totally work for both a more preppy look AND a more punky one if you wanted to. Clearly I need to go out and get myself a pair... www.StingyStyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your casual style & outfits & how you combine them with your Converse...

    Have a great day!!!

    xoxo Violeta, your Shoegal Out In The World

    www.shoegaloutintheworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! Perfect summer casual! I think those bracelets are really fun too! Found you through pinterest and I'm a new follower!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulously cool outfit!! Love the light colors, especially the mint and pink together :) And the fedora is the perfect finish!

    Veloria in Velvet
    www.veloriainvelvet.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. woo hoo for boy bands! Also, I am totally oogling your grown up friendship bracelets ;)
    xx
    Here&Now
    Enter my current giveaway!

    ReplyDelete

BLOG CREATED + DESIGNED BY LET IT BE BEAUTIFUL